Unique handmade jewelry using expertly and ethically sourced gemstones
The Debbie Ring is a made-to-order piece that begins with eighteen freshwater pearls, which are carefully inspected to ensure they meet our quality standards. Next, the pearls are strung on a metal wire, wire wrapped, then shaped into our unique ring design. After they are made, they are checked again for quality, carefully packaged, and then shipped out to you. Every Debbie Ring is made by hand in Austin, Texas, USA by artisans that are paid ethical, living wages. Fun fact! In crystal healing, pearls are thought to encourage compassion for yourself and others.
More product details below. Price includes shipping.
• Handmade in Austin, Texas
• Ethically waged
• This ring only comes in one size US 7, (17.3 mm diameter, UK: O)
• Thin wire gives the ring its structure and ability to have small pearls on it. Because of this, these rings are very delicate and should be worn and cared for with this in mind.
• Core of premium grade brass with oven-baked clear coat finish to make it tarnish-resistant
"After getting my degree in Geology from the University of Texas at Austin, I worked for a few years in the corporate world as a geologist. Doing that I felt like a piece of me faded away every day— I was working long hours doing something that I realized I had no passion for. I didn't feel like I was making a positive impact on the world, there was little opportunity for creative expression, and there were no women in leadership roles for me to look up to. The purpose of me telling you this is not to cast stones nor to condemn my old employer, but to explain that the job was not my path. One day, I woke up with the realization that if I didn't leave soon, I could wake up in 30 years and still be unhappy, wondering "what if". So, I started saving any extra money I could, and in March of 2017, I left that job.
The day I quit, I went back to my apartment and started brainstorming about how I could build a company that...
1) Could change the world for the better and help a lot of people
2) Could incorporate the creative, fashion-loving side of me
3) And could play to my education as a geologist
That’s when ROX was born. The idea was simple:
Make beautiful jewelry out of high-quality materials and give back to a charity in the process. "
– Taylor Watts, Founder of ROX Jewelry
High quality jewelry that gives back to charity, made to order by artisans in Austin, TX Everything made by hand. Stones are sourced and inspected for quality by a geologist. Stones are cut in Arizona, then faceted/wire-wrapped/strung by hand.
Shop all ROX Jewelry products here
Learn more about our values here.